Sunday, June 3, 2012

Brooch - Skull in Top Hat on Mushroom

Art Collage Brooch

This Steampunk skull on a mushroom brooch was created from a high quality print of one of my original collages. I have created a new collection I am calling "skellies". I happened upon a Cezanne painting of three skulls that I absolutely had to craft with. I cut the skulls apart and played with them until I constructed a variety of "skellies". The finished design is heat laminated with 7 ml. lamination film. The brooch is durable and water resistant.

The skull in top hat brooch is approximately 1.75 by 1.75 inches. The design features a skull wearing a tan top hat with a bright yellow fabric bow. The skull has butterfly wings and is nestled on a mushroom. Some gears and cogs were added to punk out the collage. The brooch is embellished with a red rhinestone.

If you would like to own this brooch, it is available in my Etsy Store.

No comments: