Sunday, May 20, 2012

Necklace - Skeleton Girl with Cherry Blossoms

Skeleton Girl Cameo Necklace




This Skeleton Girl Cameo wooden pendant necklace was created from a high quality print of one of my original collages. I have created a new collection I am calling "skellies". I happened upon a Cezanne painting of three skulls that I absolutely had to craft with. I cut the skulls apart and played with them until I constructed a variety of "skellies".

The pendant is a 1.5 inch round wooden piece from an old Bottle Tops game. The image is decoupaged onto the game piece and varnished for a smooth and water resistant surface.The image features cherry blossom flowers and cute polka dots in the background. The larger flower is embellished with a golden rhinestone.

Decoupaging is so easy to do. If you find an image you like or create one of your own, you can attach it to almost anything. If you don't want to make your own pendant, this "skellie" is listed in my Etsy Store.

No comments: