Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Brooch - Prom King Skull Collage


Laminated Paper Brooch

Prom King Brooch


I have created a new collection of collages I am calling "skellies". I was looking at paintings by Cezanne and found some skull oil on canvas paintings he painted in 1901. I just knew I had to use them in my artwork. After having some fun cutting them apart, collaging and altering them, I created a variety of "skellie" characters.

I call this "skellie", my "prom king". He has a black with white polka dot bow tie and some kind of flower attached to his orange crown. He is embellished with a red rhinestone.

I used a high quality print of my original collage for the brooch. It is heat laminated with heavy 7 ml lamination film. It is very durable and water resistant. An adhesive pin back is firmly attached to the back of the pin.

Brooches are little pieces of wearable art. They can be used to adorn clothing, purses, hats or any surface you can attach a pin to.

This brooch is available in my Etsy Store.

No comments: