Friday, July 1, 2011

The Bride

Frankenstein's Bride Collage

This week's Macabre Monday challenge at Haunted Design House is called "from the bone pile". I guess this means creating something ghoulish with just the scraps from previous creations. I used my scraps from the last challenge (Menacing Mermaid) and created another underwater scene. The "bride" is line art from color your own.com. The faces and words came from a movie poster that I cut apart to collage with. The sea plants are from my Flickr Group - Collage Images (not for posting art). I hope my creation is scary and scrappy enough for the "bone pile" challenge.

The challenge at the Cheerful Stamp Pad is to use and explain your favorite background technique. I recycled a page from a damaged book and colored it with Caran D'Ache water-soluble colour crayons. I then blended the colors with water and a paper towel. You let this dry and you have a background that looks like a water color painting. Easy to do with great results.

I am also entering this collage in the following challenges:

Top Tip Tuesday - "T" is for page torn from book & tulle
Gingerloft - #21 beads (I used beads for the fish eye and on the sea plant)
The Paper Shelter - #20 anything goes
Paper Crafting Journey - #13 anything goes
Digi Doodles Shop - #65 anything goes

Please view the artwork on the above-mentioned sites. The Design Teams work very hard to supply inspirational pieces. You will be inspired to create some art of your own.

13 comments:

Tidbits Trinkets said...

The Bride goes swimming! I love it!

BarbaraW said...

Wow, fabulous card. Wonderful background. I'd love to try this technique. Thanks for sharing your art in the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge.

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Fabulous "Bone Pile" creation! How can you go wrong with Frank and his gal? Great technique on the background too.
Thanks for joining us this week at HDH.

Michele said...

i love your background and this collage is fabulous! so glad you joined the "my favorite background" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad!

Karen said...

Great work, thanks for joining us at DDSC.
xx

Karen said...

THank you for joining us at DDSC this week. Karen.x

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulously creepy and what a wonderful use of your scraps! Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

dj1952 said...

Great work. Thanks for joining us at DDSC. dj

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I'm gob smacked! Thanks for playing along with us on the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this week, hugs Samantha

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work.Love the B-movie poster look.Thanks for joining us at DDSC :D
Lisa x

Andrea C said...

Fabby work x

Judy Rozema said...

What an awesome underwater collage! Thank you for joining us for "T is for..." at Top Tip Tuesday!

Vicki Romaine said...

What a great card. Thanks for joining My Favorite Background at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.